Saturday, June 20, 2009

Beach Birdies


Who can think of being at the beach on days like we have had lately! Whew! Its hot! The nice place to be is in the AC at Quilting by the Bay - and then you can enjoy these really fun Beach Birdies - a new collection from Moda. Here's one of the 3 panels and there are some really cute coordinates to put together a throw, wall hanging or use for tote bags! There is even a Christmas panel with the Birdies all ready for the holiday!

Speaking of the holidays, we have a big surprise coming soon! Just wait till you hear what's coming this fall! Oh, the fun we will have! But in the meantime, we are working on ideas and inspiration for your holiday gifting. I really love to be able to make gifts - and my philosophy is I get the fun of planning and shopping, the therapy of creating and the joy of giving - so what a great way to stretch my dollars!

My dad loved his quilt! And my mom, the quilter, asked me if I made pillowcases to go with! So pillowcases he shall have - and it is a good thing to think of when giving that quilt. There is nothing like a set of matching pillowcases to go with the beautiful quilt. Guaranteed Bed, Bath and Beyond won't have anything nearly as beautiful as what a quilter can create!

Anita Goodesign has some really great Christmas designs coming out in July. One of them is a tile scene called Santa's Visit and my Designer Diamond has done a beautiful job. All Anita Goodesigns are multi-format so it really doesn't matter what embroidery machine you have. It will be at Quilting by the Bay in the next few days - its really gotten me in the spirit.

I need to take a break from quilting and get a dress done for our Alaskan cruise in July. I'm excited to be taking two classes with Margaret Miller - one Angle Play and the other is a class to set block collections. Our friends from Australia are joining us and we will stay with my quilter friend in Seattle and visit the quilt museum there.

Maybe I'll even blog from there!

Be sure to checkout the website and get signed up for Judy Niemeyer!

See you soon at Quilting by the Bay,

Sue
Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Tamara said...

Hmmm...how many days to payday? I feel a QBTB visit coming on! Love the Beach Birdies fabric. Wouldn't that make wonderful matching beach totes for my daughter and grandaughter? I'll add new flipflops and towels. What a terrific "Happy Day To You" summer surprise!