Friday, June 12, 2009

Retro


What a great birthday party at Quilting by the Bay this weekend! It was so fun to see our QBTB family and reminisce and also share the fun and excitement with new friends! There was a real special moment for me yesterday when friends were uniting around the store and I thought back to those early days - getting to know you.... and now, it isn't unusual when we look at a new fabric collection or a specific bolt of fabric that we say "that's perfect for her". One of our customers walked in the door on Friday and said "I'm in my happy place!". That's what it is like for me at QBTB - my happy place where I can enjoy helping, planning for the future and especially be inspired by your creations.

And the walk down memory lane went down a long road back to my Harvest Gold appliances when our new fabric collection from Timeless Treasures called Apples arrived! Wouldn't you know I would like something with a food name! The colors and prints are really fun - apples, trees, owls and flowers with a swirl blender to match. Think ahead to the holidays and the quick aprons, table runners and placemats that you can create for those on your list of think early gifts. I'm thinking those fun "6 Halves Make a Whole" Placemats.

I've taken another walk down memory lane this week as I finish up my Blooming Scraps quilt that will go to my dad for his 85th birthday. I took it to show my mom, the woman who inspired me to start quilting and my dad wanted it. Oh, what a terrific solution for the ever challenging birthday present. As I work on the binding, I see the different scraps which remind me of the project or the event in my life related to that fabric.

And now, it is time to meet with my therapist! Frank is outside helping Pete today so I don't have to chase him around to retrieve things he swipes.

Thanks to all of you who make Quilting by the Bay my happy place and the wonderful quilt store it has become - and especially to Sandy and Al who strive to assure that our quilt store will be well stocked and full of inspiration.

See you soon at QBTB!

Sue
Share/Bookmark

No comments: